Have you fractured a bone in the body or have a bad sprain? The first thing your doctor will recommend is getting an x-ray done. X-rays are extremely vital to determine what the problem is and where it exactly lies. They are basically the final piece of the puzzle to derive the solution to a problem. Even when it comes to the realm of dentistry, dental x-rays are equally important. When any sort of impact takes place in your jaw, your dentist will highly recommend getting an x-ray done.
Without an x-ray, it is very difficult to exactly say what has happened to your jaw or teeth. Proper dental diagnosis is crucial to determine what exactly has happened to a patient.
Another very good example of how important an x-ray is when people face wisdom teeth problems. Having issues with the wisdom teeth properly emerging out is a very common dental problem. It can happen because of a ton of different things. But, to find out the exact solution to the problem, a dental x-ray is much needed.
It is very important for severe cases where the emerging wisdom teeth is impacted and has badly infected the surrounding gums. To determine if it is because of a lack of space in the jaw or other reasons, a dental x-ray is very important.
Most of the complex conditions cannot be revealed in a normal dental exam without an x-ray. This makes dental x-rays all the more crucial for proper examination of a serious case.
There are multiple issues that only a dental x-ray can spot in adults, like:
- Small decaying areas that are located in between the teeth or already existing dental fillings cannot be spotted in a normal dental examination and hence, a dental x-ray is vital to spot them before they take your teeth.
- Infections occurring in the jaw bone can only be tracked at an early stage with the help of a dental x-ray. Without an x-ray, it will already be too late to save the bone.
- A dental x-ray helps in spotting the occurrence of periodontal disease.
- Cysts or abscesses.
- Developing abnormalities that affect the morphology of the teeth.
- Spotting tumors that can only be revealed through a dental x-ray. This helps in tracking them at an early stage and eradicating them before it is too late.
Dental x-rays are highly useful to track problems in children as well. Many a times, there are dental problems that occur because they were not tracked in the beginning stages of a child’s teeth development. The benefits that a dental x-ray has for your child are:
- Watching out for decay that are deep-rooted. Such decays are spotted at a very early stage through dental x-rays and can be treated before your child’s teeth are at a high risk of being lost.
- In order to determine if there is enough space available to fit in all the teeth that will be emerging out
- In order to make sure that the baby teeth are being lost in the right time so that the permanent teeth can come out properly
- In order to determine the location of the wisdom teeth and to make sure if it is impacted or not to prevent future problems
- To spot cysts, tumors and other types of developmental anomalies of the teeth
So, from this one can easily understand why dental x-rays are so vital. Often we fail to do the right things at the right time. Dental x-rays are there to make it right and help you save your precious teeth before time runs out.
If you wish to get your dental diagnostics and treatments done at the hands of the best dentist in Howrah and Kolkata, come to Aesthetica Dental Implants Clinic. Led by the top dentist in Kolkata, we provide class apart diagnosis and treatment to our patients with expertise and professional care.