Laser Endodontics (Root Canal Treatment)
What is Laser RCT?
Root canal treatment is a common dental procedure used to save an infected tooth. It involves cleaning and dis-infection of the root canal and removal of the tissue of the canal which may appear to be scary to the patient.
With advancement in technology, dentists now recommend Laser assisted root canal treatment, which has proven to be beneficial dis-infecting the canals of the teeth. Laser allows sterilizationand disinfection of the bacterial infected areas inside the canals of the teeth and hence helps in increasing the success rate of the root canal procedure.
Advantages of Laser assisted root canal treatment over traditional root canal treatment?
• Laser treatment is precise and more accurate than traditional root canal therapy.
• Lasers can target bacteria and the infected area with greater accuracy preserving healthier tooth structure, thus tooth will be stronger
• It helps in the reduction of at least 99.7% bacterial counts in the root canal approaches sterilization.
• Helps in reducing the risk of infection.
• This minimally invasive technique- conserves the original tooth structure.
• Prevents future re-infection of the tooth.
• It reduces discomfort for patients by eliminating the disturbing sounds of drills as well as limiting the need for local anesthesia.
• There is less bleeding and inflammation, as well reduced post-operative discomfort and infection.
• It also helps in performing a single sitting root canal in qualifying patients.
How long does it take to complete a Laser assisted RCT?
A tooth is likely to be treated in either one or two appointments if it is getting a retreatment (being treated a second time). Patients can generally expect one or two appointments of about 45- 90 minutes each which depends on the complication presented by each case individually. However , an endodonitst or senior dentist trained in root canals is the best person to decide based on the merits of the case. A root canal treated tooth must have a crown (cap) to protect it and extend the life of the tooth.
Is laser RCT painful?
Laser dentistry is a fast and effective method and most importantly, laser dentistry is virtually pain-free. A laser dental treatment works by honing an intense beam of light energy to perform precise dental procedures.
Aesthetica dental implant clinic Kolkata has a sate of the art laser for LASER RCT (Laser root canal treatment) in Kolkata . Our team of experts are trained to carry our most of the root canal treatments in a single sitting.
Cost of Laser Endodontics (Root Canal Treatment) in Kolkata
The cost / price of Laser Endodontics (Root Canal Treatment) in Kolkata is determined based on the clinical situation and merits of the case. Most treatments in dentistry are customized to a persons existing dental situation , medical condition and understanding of future oral-dental needs.
""My kid had tooth issues. the was a big cavity and I thought it will have to be removed but the doctors very efficiently made a good treatment plan and saved the tooth. A very good team of doctors. Thankyou very much for your help. Will come back again."Nandita Ray