Laser Gum treatment and LASER Dentistry
Why do we use laser in doing gum treatment?
• Laser assisted gum surgery helps in removal of the infected gum tissue from around the root of the tooth. Once the area between the gum and the root are infection free, it allows the healing process.
• Lasers provide the benefit of not only removing the bacteria but also killing them. This helps reduce bleeding and swelling of gums. It may even eliminate the need for further gum disease treatment such as gum surgery. There is minimal post-operative discomfort when a laser is used.
• The laser gum treatment is also considered safer for treating patients in whom the conventional surgery is contradicted due to medical reasons. It offers a host of benefits in adjunct to conventional laser gum treatment
What are the various types of laser gum treatment?
• Laser Depigmentation – (treatment of black gums / discoloured gums / pigmented gums) also called as laser gum bleaching
• Laser Gum Curettage – where the gums are cleaned and dissected and tightened eventually using a minimally invasive precision driven LASER
• Laser Frenectomy / tongue tie – the thigh bacd of tissue under the lip or tongue can be removed by a bloodless and minimally invasive procedure .
• Laser Aesthetic gingivectomy – The cosmetic / aesthetic laser gum treatment procedure with laser wherein excessive or unsightly gums are trimmed and shaped with laser to achieve a symmetrical and pleasant result
• Laser bleaching – Cosmetic teeth whitening done with the help of laser technology
Is laser gum treatment painful?
Laser therapy is almost always nearly pain-free. Usually, we use local anaesthetic or just topical anaesthetic to keep you comfortable during the procedure.
How long does it take to heal after laser gum surgery?
• The length of time it takes for the gums to heal depends upon the severity of the disease. Most healing in the surface area takes 2-4 weeks. Deeper infected areas of the gums may take several months to completely heal.
Laser gum treatment and Laser Dentistry in Kolkata at Aesthetic dental clinic is performed by specialist periodontists or senior dentists who are trained in LASERs and understand what is best for you.
Cost of Laser Gum Treatment in Kolkata
The cost / price of Laser Gum Treatment in Kolkata is determined based on the clinical situation and merits of the case. Most treatments in dentistry are customized to a persons existing dental situation , medical condition and understanding of future oral-dental needs.
""My kid had tooth issues. the was a big cavity and I thought it will have to be removed but the doctors very efficiently made a good treatment plan and saved the tooth. A very good team of doctors. Thankyou very much for your help. Will come back again."Nandita Ray