Crooked teeth or misaligned teeth are very common in a vast section of the population. However, it generally doesn’t create any discomfort or disturbance for the people medically, on the contrary, it gives everyone a unique smile in their own way. However, in some sad cases, there are situations where due to crooked teeth people start to have a speech impediment and some other health complications and in some cases, people are just unhappy with their crooked teeth whatever be the problem the solution is available readily to any and everyone with Teeth Straightening Surgery.
Causes for crooked teeth
Crooked teeth, however, are not a natural phenomenon it happens due to certain reasons which include:
- Baby teeth or permanent teeth can become crooked when the available jaw space is lesser than the total width of all teeth.
- Crooked teeth might be caused depending on the jaw size of the person as the jaw size for every person is quite different it is essential for us to know that jaw sizes can induce crooked teeth as larger jaws mean more gum space which can’t always be filled by the teeth and smaller jaws mean less space so the teeth don’t get enough space to come out well aligned.<br>
- Poor myofunctional behaviours such as sucking on thumb, pacifiers and habits like tongue-thrusting also can cause crooked teeth in babies.
- Malocclusion is a condition where a person has their jaws misaligned, this causes them to have an overbite or an underbite which can make their physical appearance look strange.
- Poor dental care is one of the leading causes of crooked teeth among adults. Proper care for the teeth is required to make sure that they stay in the best shape possible.
- Similarly not maintaining a proper balanced diet as an adult can also have many harmful effects on your health and especially your teeth.
- Last but not the least accidental damage to milk teeth is also a cause for crooked teeth and that is generally the most common reason for crooked teeth among most adult individuals.
Problems of Crooked Teeth
- Periodontal Disease: Periodontal diseases occur in cases of crooked teeth as it is very hard to get into the middle of crooked teeth and thus that can cause gum and teeth infection in those spots which can later turn into periodontal diseases.
- Indigestion: Seems unrelated but crooked teeth cause a problem in chewing anything and food that has not been chewed properly or broken down properly can cause indigestion.
- Excess wear: Excess wear can be caused by crooked teeth on the teeth, gums and jaw muscles. This can cause cracked teeth, jaw strain and chronic headaches.
- Speech impediment: This is one of the more serious conditions that can be caused due to crooked teeth. Although this is not medically critical people with speech impediment or lisps generally are bullied extensively throughout their life and thus, it can have a negative psychological effect on the person.
- Self Esteem: Ties into the same point that we discussed above these types of cosmetic flaws can make some people feel incomplete or not confident and that can cause them to feel unsatisfied with themselves even leading to depression.
As we now know that crooked teeth can have certain negative impacts on a person’s life it is important for us to also know how to fix the problem for those who want to get it fixed. There are several different ways to fix crooked teeth, surgery is the most effective option. However, doctors don’t prefer surgeries at first they choose to go through with other lines of treatments before suggesting for surgery only in rare cases, the other lines of treatment include:
- Metal Braces
- Ceramic Braces
- Lingual Braces
- Invisible Braces
Teeth Straightening Surgery
It is performed to reduce the amount of time a patient has to wear braces. It is efficient and able to solve the problem easily with a minor surgical procedure where the doctor reshapes the bones and the gums of the patient to make space so that the teeth can hold itself in place.
In serious cases the doctor can suggest a more complicated surgery where the patient’s jaw will be redesigned through surgery, it is called orthognathic surgery and this type of surgery is recommended only if the patient is suffering from speech problems or chewing problems due to crooked teeth. These surgeries are on the costlier side of the spectrum hence, if not absolutely required the doctors do not recommend this treatment right away.
Now, that you know about teeth straightening surgery and god forbid if you or any of your loved ones ever need to avail it, you can always count on Aesthetica Dental Clinic which is the best dental implant clinic in Kolkata and Howrah. Awarded customer service awards 7 years in a row, we provide our services at affordable budget prices which helps protect your smile and create a smile for your wallet.