Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that provide a permanent base for fixed, replacement teeth. Compared to dentures and bridges, dental implants are a popular and effective long-term solution for people suffering from chronic dental problems. Dental implants feel and function exactly like natural teeth. Read the full article to know all that you want to know about All on six implants.
Unlike dentures, they never slip or move—and you don’t have to use special cleaners and adhesives. Unlike fixed bridges, dental implants don’t require a reduction of adjacent healthy teeth. According to some studies, the long-term success rate of implants is over 95%.
Dental implants typically have three parts:
- Implant: It serves as your new tooth. It remains permanently attached to your jaw.
- The abutment: It is a connector that supports and holds a tooth or a set of teeth. It is permanent but can be removed by a doctor.
- The crown: The part of the tooth which can be seen is made of Zirconium for durability as it helps to crush the food.
Difference between All on four implants and All on six implants
These implants are used to replace the missing teeth if you have most or all of your teeth missing. Dental implants are the only permanent solution.
In regards to which one you should choose, there’s no wrong answer or decision to be made. It’s up to you and how many implants you can afford. It also depends on the condition of your mouth, like how many natural teeth are remaining.
- The major difference is right there in the name. The number refers to the number of implants that will be fixed on the top and bottom jaws.
- All on 6 implants use 6 implants on the upper jaw or maxillary jaw and other 6 implants on lower jaw or mandibular jaw to anchorage dental bridges.
Benefits of All on dental solutions
- Firm jaw integration: Implants are integrated into the jawbone; this ensures firm integration. The solid placement of the implants makes it easier to eat and worry less.
- Can be used with natural teeth: implants can be placed along with the natural teeth. you can’t grow your lost permanent teeth back; this is the next best thing to replacing them accurately.
- A single surgery for all your dental needs: Instead of visiting the dental clinic regularly one after another for implant surgeries, with all on dental surgery it will take much less time and will be light on the wallet.
All on six implants
It is a dental procedure used to reconstruct a person’s mouth with a major loss of teeth on one or both jaws. Six implants are placed in the lower or upper jawbone depending on the condition, to permanently anchor prosthetic teeth in place. The dentist will conduct a thorough examination, taking x-rays and scans to assess the anatomical structures in your mouth.
The benefits are tremendous.
- Rarely or no bone grafting
- Easy cleaning
- Short treatment time
- Quick recovery
- No need of removable dentures
- Gorgeous white smile again
- Eating and speaking won’t be harder anymore
The entire surgery is completed in just a day as it mostly does not require a bone graft. With the use of local anesthesia, the implants are placed in the jawbone. Prosthetics are placed for a quick recovery. Once the healing is done, a dental bridge is secured with the implants.
Patients can expect some discomfort and swelling after the procedure. For the majority of patients, the most discomfort diminishes within or after a week. The first 3 months after the surgery is for healing. It is advisable to take good care of the teeth by brushing regularly. Patients should also take caution by not eating hard or chewy foods. A routine visit to the dentist is also recommended especially in the first 3 months. If something does not feel right, it is crucial to contact the dentist right away.
Read : All on 4 Dental Implants
A good smile can be one of the greatest assets in a person’s life. It’s a small and simple thing but it pays back in so many ways. Stand out in the crowd, be remarkable, and best of all improve your complete oral health and appearance.
If you are looking for a dental implant from the best in the industry, visit Aesthetica, the best clinic for dental implants in Kolkata and Howrah, for a safe and quality treatment by experts in the industry at an affordable price range.