Aesthetica Dental Implants Clinic lead by the best dental implant surgeon in Kolkata explains the differences between dental implants and bridges hereby in this article.
If a missing tooth isn’t replaced, it results in the following-
-A Wrong Bite due to teeth shifting towards the missing tooth space
-Teeth Wear and Fracture due Uneven chewing Forces around the area
– Bone loss and weakening of the gums
-Poor Hygiene due to Food Impaction in areas where tooth has been lost and the remaining teeth shift into and around the missing tooth space. Many patients develop gum disease and report bad odor in their mouth
Are Implants Better than Bridges? A general analysis:
– They do not affect the other natural teeth. They need not be touched to replace the missing one.
– Prevent bone loss
– Allow easy teeth cleaning
– Look and feel like natural teeth; do not feel thick, bulky and are not connected to other teeth
– Do not cause gum disease
– Prevents a wrong bite and teeth shifting
– Restores the balance of the bite and proper chewing function
– Dental implants are far less susceptible to gum disease than natural teeth
– Dental implants do not get cavities or decay
– Dental implants never need root canals and never “die.”
– Dental implants cost approximately the same than a dental bridge
Implants vs Bridge. Pros and Cons:
– A bridge requires at least two teeth to be prepared for the connection of a bridge
– Bone loss will occur because a tooth has been lost and no root is there in the gum to hold the bone
– Difficult to clean because teeth are connected and flossing cannot be done
– Increased chance for cavities below the bridge and to the adjacent teeth and gum diseases
– Increased chance for fracture to the teeth involved in the bridge because a tooth has been lost and more force is on the adjacent teeth
– The teeth prepared for bridges are at increased chance for needing root canal treatments
– Long term prognosis of bridge is poor relative to dental implants.
Many patients eventually lose one or more of the teeth involved in the bridge, causing failure of the bridge and loss of an additional tooth resulting in a more expensive dental treatment as the end result. Due to bone loss and the damage caused by bridges, future dental treatment and costs are greater. In fact future costs when a bridge fails can be more than double the costs of the original bridge.
Dental implant is the treatment of choice for tooth replacement at Aesthetica Dental Implant Clinics. If you have multiple missing teeth, your dentist may give you the choice of dental implants or a bridge. When it comes to the wellbeing of your mouth, you’ll want to make an informed decision At Aesthetica Dental Implant Clinic, we most often recommend dental implants to replace missing teeth. We offer full tooth replacement services. Teeth can normally be replaced with a dental implant from start to finish in 2-3 months in just 3 appointments.