Oral hygiene is the practice that is performed by keeping our mouth clean and healthy. Our teeth play a very important role in maintaining proper oral health. If our teeth don’t remain healthy then we have to suffer, such as: –
- Dental caries (It is a disease that can lead to the damage of teeth which can further cause tooth loss, pain and infection. Due to this disease our teeth becomes highly sensitive to even slightest of pH . Streptococcus mutans is the bacteria which is responsible for Dental caries. )
- Dental plaque (Large quantity of bacteria start growing on the teeth.)
- Gingivitis (Inflammation of gums)
- Periodontal disease (Inflammation of tissues surrounding the teeth. It may bleed, become swollen and painful)
- Bad breath (Foul smell coming from your mouth which can be caused by keeping your teeth unclean.)
The human tooth is the natural cutting and crushing tool in our mouth that helps in mastication. Our teeth are generally divided into 4 parts: –
- Incisors – Helps in cutting of food. There are generally 8 incisors in our mouth.
- Canine – Helps in cutting of the food. There are generally 4 canines in the teeth set.
- Premolars – Crushes the food. There are 8 premolars.
- Molars – Final crushing of the food. There are 12 molars.
There are many ways to maintain healthy oral hygiene by taking care of our teeth:-
- We should brush 2 times a day. One during early morning and the other before going to bed. This way your mouth will be free from germs and you will have fresh breath. Each time brush for at least 2minutes.
- Scaling that will help you to remove deposits from the teeth. This way our teeth will be clean and chances of dental caries reduces.
- Use the antibacterial mouthwash recommended by dentists. This will prevent all types of bacterial growth in your teeth.
- Electric toothbrushes are very popular in maintaining dental health. Good designed electric toothbrushes are highly effective in cleaning of your teeth. These toothbrushes are useful for people who can’t brush properly or are suffering from diseases such as Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Don’t eat too sugary stuff. Eating excess of chocolates, sweets and other sweeteners can damage your teeth. Even if you have eaten sweets make sure to drink plenty of water, and brush properly.
Taking care of our teeth is very important even from a social point of view.
- Low self – esteem
- Unable to talk to people due to bad breath
- You remain isolated
- Everybody will avoid contact with you or might even hurt you or make fun of you.
If you are suffering from dental problem then please contact us by clicking the contact option at the top of the site and book your treatment. Here your treatment will be done by highly qualified surgeons and dentists. Services and feedback are totally awesome.
Have any dental problem visit the best dental clinic in Kolkata, Aesthetica dental implants clinic at Aesthetica all your dental disorder is taken care by the professional and expert. Visit us now!