Pediatric (Child) dentistry
What is pediatric dentistry?
Pediatric dentistry involves the maintenance of the oral health of children from their birth through their adolescence by specialised dentists who are skilled in the field.
What types of treatments do Pediatric Dentists provide?
Pediatric dentists provide comprehensive oral health care that includes the following:
• Infant oral health exams, which include risk assessment for caries in mother and child
• Cleaning and fluoride treatments, as well as nutrition and diet recommendations
• Habit counseling (for example, pacifier use and thumb sucking)
• Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite (orthodontics)
• Repair of tooth cavities or defects
• Diagnosis of oral conditions associated with diseases such as diabetes, congenital heart defect, asthma, hay fever, and attention deficit/ hyperactivity disorder
• Management of gum diseases and conditions including ulcers, short frenulae, mucoceles, and pediatric periodontal disease
• Care for dental injuries (for example, fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth)
• Treatment of infected teeth by pulpotomy and pulpectomy procedures.
• Modify jaw and teeth growth . Also make habit breaking appliances
Which age group of children does a pediatric dentist treat?
A paediatric dentist treats children of the age group of around 6 months to 14 years of age.
How often should a child see a pediatric dentist?
It is recommended that children start seeing a dentist every six months, by their first birthday or once their first tooth emerges.
Paediatric dental treatment in Kolkata is carried out at Aesthetic dental clinic by experts called pedodontist (paedodontists).
Cost of Pediatric (Child) dentistry in Kolkata
The cost / price of Pediatric (Child) dentistry in Kolkata is determined based on the clinical situation and merits of the case. Most treatments in dentistry are customized to a persons existing dental situation , medical condition and understanding of future oral-dental needs.
""My kid had tooth issues. the was a big cavity and I thought it will have to be removed but the doctors very efficiently made a good treatment plan and saved the tooth. A very good team of doctors. Thankyou very much for your help. Will come back again."Nandita Ray