Direct Sinus Lift
What is direct sinus lift?
• It is a surgical procedure which aims to increase the amount of bone in the posterior maxilla (upper jaw bone), in the area of the premolar and molar teeth, by lifting the Sinus membrane and placing a bone graft.
• The goal of the sinus lift is to graft extra bone into the maxillary sinus, so more bone is available to support a dental implant.
• The bone used to increase the height of the bone is usually from one of the following sources viz synthetic , another species like bovine or porcine (pigs) and sometimes patients own bone taken in small quantities from another area of the body.
What are the indications and contra-indications?
• While there may be a number of reasons for wanting a greater volume of bone in the Upper posterior jaw ( Maxilla) region, the most common reason for it to be performed is when the floor of the sinus is too close to an area where dental implants are to be placed. This procedure is performed to ensure a secure place for the implants while protecting the sinus.
• Medical condition of the patient should be good. A thorough medical and dental evaluation needs to be done before commencement of the treatment.
• Recent radiation therapy in maxilla.
• Uncontrolled systemic diseases such as diabetes mellitus.
• Acute/chronic maxillary sinusitis.
• Heavy smoker/ Alcohol abuse.
• Severe allergic rhinitis.
• Tumor or large cyst in the maxillary sinus.
• Oroantral fistula.
How long does it take for bone to form?
• It takes about three to six months for the sinus augmentation bone to become part of the patient’s natural sinus floor bone. Up to six months of healing is sometimes left before implants are attempted.
• However, some surgeons perform both the augmentation and dental implant simultaneously, to avoid the necessity of two surgeries.
How successful are sinus lifts?
• Based on the latest research, patients who have atleast 4mm or more bone height prior to the sinus grafting procedure have shown a good success rate.
• Sinus lift is a technique sensitive procedure. If the surgery is performed by appropriate specialists with the right materials and care. Sinus lifts have a success rate of more than 83 %
Aesthetica dental implants clinic Kolkata has a team of specialists to take care of such advanced procedures in dentistry
Cost of Direct Sinus Lift in Kolkata
The cost / price of direct sinus lift in Kolkata is determined based on the clinical situation and merits of the case. Most treatments in dentistry are customized to a persons existing dental situation , medical condition and understanding of future oral-dental needs
"I have full implant done by Kamlesh and his team.My facial appearance has definitely improved and I can grin with full confidence. I can chew all kinds of food including steaks. Thank you Aesthetica .Job well done to my satisfaction."Swapan Kumar Ghosh