Indirect Sinus lift
What is indirect sinus lift?
• It is a minimally invasive technique to increase the height of the bone in the back region of the upper jaw to recieve a dental implant
• It is generally done in situations where adequate amount is not present to place a dental implant. However , a certain amount of remaining native bone is present in the jaw bone to help stabilise and support the new bone that will be placed as a part of the procedure.
• No cuts or stitches are needed as the treatment is done using a keyhole approach.
• The approach involves elevating the sinus floor which would help facilitate implant placement when the bone at the upper jaw( maxilla) is not adequate and is opted when the residual bone height is equal to or greater than 6 mm.
• The floor of the sinus is lifted by tapping the sinus floor with the use of osteotomes( specialised instruments).
• The amount of augmentation achieved with the osteotome technique is usually less than what can be achieved with the direct sinus technique.
What are the advantages of indirect sinus lift?
• The surgery is more conservative.
• Less patient discomfort compared to the direct technique.
• A shorter time to implant loading is possible than with the direct technique.
• High success rates.
• It saves time as a dental implant is placed at the same time of the procedure. The final tooth can be placed in time frame of 5-6 months itself vis a vis older techniques that would take upto 1.3 years.
How long does a sinus lift surgery take?
The treatment is usually done under local anaesthesia depending . Medical condition of the patient should be good. A thorough medical and dental evaluation needs to be done before commencement of the treatment. The indirect Sinus Lift takes a minimum of 15-30 mins to be done and usually takes 1-2 days healing time.
Can a dental implant be placed simultaneously?
• A dental implant is normally placed in the socket formed at the time of the indirect sinus lift procedure and left to integrate with bone. Bone integration normally lasts 4 to 8 months.
• The goal of this procedure is to stimulate bone growth and form a thicker sinus floor, in order to support dental implants for teeth replacement.
Cost of Indirect Sinus Lift in Kolkata
The cost / price indirect sinus lift in Kolkata is determined based on the clinical situation and merits of the case. Most treatments in dentistry are customized to a persons existing dental situation , medical condition and understanding of future oral-dental needs
Aesthetica Dental Implants Clinic Kolkata is a specialised advanced dental implant clinic in Kolkata which offers such advanced and minimally invasive bone graft procedures in Kolkata
"I have full implant done by Kamlesh and his team.My facial appearance has definitely improved and I can grin with full confidence. I can chew all kinds of food including steaks. Thank you Aesthetica .Job well done to my satisfaction."Swapan Kumar Ghosh